Most medium-bodied reds will work with lamb - a Bordeaux blend is a classic option. Below you'll find a selection of wines to suit a range of lamb dishes.
Top Tips for Lamb
- Roast Lamb - you've many great wines to choose from - classic minty Cabernet Merlot from Australia is a firm favourite but almost any medium-bodied red will do.
- BBQ Lamb - savour chops and sausages with Argentinian Malbec or robust Shiraz from Australia or France
- Grilled Lamb - accompany rosemary lamb backstraps with a classic Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot - either from Australia or France
- Braised Lamb Shanks - go for a rich Shiraz, Grenache or Cabernet - there are some great Australian reds to choose from.
- Lamb Moussaka - try with a mellow Merlot, soft Shiraz Viognier or toasty Spanish red.
- Lamb Kofta - Lebanese herbs and spices work well with Grenache.
- Indian Lamb - tame the hot, spicy flavours with a soft, juicy Pinot Noir or Tempranillo.